Friday 9 January 2015

31 Days of Basic Beauty

Day 9 - Basic Pedicure


Personally I always find it easier to do a pedicure on myself and I do the most simplest and quickest pedicure I can think of. Here is how I do a basic pedicure.

You will need:

  • Nail Polish Remover
  • Clippers and Nail File
  • Foot Bath
  • Cuticle Remover
  • Cuticle stick and trimmer
  • Foot brush and foot pumice ( I use a double sided one)
  • 2 in 1 base and top coat
  • Nail polish
  • Moisturiser



Remove any old nail polish
Clip and File your nails. File toenails straight across rounding off the edges to conform with the shape of the toe. Your may need a file with more grit for your toe nails as they are thicker than finger nails



Soak your feet in warm water for about five minutes. This will help make the skin softer for the next step.


Give your feet a light exfoliation with a pedi brush.


Remove any hard and old skin but gentle pumicing the area. If your do this step too rough the skin will become irritated and sore.


Rub some cuticle oil in and gently push back the cuticles with the cuticle pusher.
Slide the cuticle trimmer over the excess skin to cut it off.
 Make sure you do this gently because too much trimming may cause cuts.


Wipe off any excess cuticle oil.
Apply a base coat and wait for it to dry.

Sea siren Cosmetics in Motion of the Ocean



Now apply your favourite nail polish. I used two coats.
Wait for each coat to dry before adding another.
Apply your top coat, this will give your pedicure lasting shine.
Finish off with a minty and refreshing foot moisturiser

Because your Beautiful

Have Fun!

Renee x




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, I would love to hear your thoughts, thanks!