Day 10 - Body Brushing
Your skin is the largest organ of your body, so it's important to take great care of it. Body Brushing is a method where you use a natural bristle brush to help eliminate toxins that have built up in the skin.
How Does it Work?
- Just like your kidneys or liver, your skin is an organ that needs to be taken care of too. Dry skin brushing helps to keep the pores clear and the skin active helping with the cleansing process.
- Inactive skin loses its ability to remove extra toxins. This places stress on other organs and your body in general.
- Your body breathes and absorbs essential nutrients through the skin, body brushing will keep the skin clear of excess debris so its clear to breathe and absorbs nutrients into the body.
- Dry body brushing is believed to stimulate the lymphatic system. The lymphs help to move toxins through the body. It also helped with the strength of the bodies immune system by producing certain white blood cells and some antibodies.
Benefits of Body Brushing:
- Increases circulation
- Stimulate lymphatic system
- Exfoliates the skin
- Reduces cellulite
- Improve digestion and Kidney function
- Energises and stimulates the body.
This picture shows the correct way to brush around the body.
Stroke the brush in one upward movement toward the major lymph nodes: the groin, underarms and base of the neck.
Use small circular strokes on your stomach in a clockwise direction, following the path of digestion. Work from left to right, this is the natural way of massaging the body.
Try body brushing for 3-5 minutes a day.
Because your Beautiful