Thursday 27 March 2014

I'm going Cruelty Free!

Let's Do Something About It!


As a beauty blogger it is so much fun to test out a whole bunch of cosmetics and bath products and write down what I think about them. However I have had a big nasty feeling in my gut that has stayed there and I feel I must do something about it. I have a habit of walking into a pharmacy/Priceline/ Dept. store looking at all the pretty colours and buying that nice shiny lip gloss without really thinking about were it comes from and how it was produced. In fact I don't think about it at all. It's easy not to think about where cosmetics come from. They are there to make us feel good and look pretty. That's the basis of their appeal.




If we look further into how our favourite cosmetics are produced it would break your heart. Chemicals and nasty experiments are conducted on helpless animals everyday so that we can use our favourite cosmetics. A quote from the PETA website:


Right now, millions of mice, rats, rabbits, primates, cats, dogs, and other animals are locked inside cold, barren cages in laboratories across the country. They languish in pain, ache with loneliness, and long to roam free and use their minds. Instead, all they can do is sit and wait in fear of the next terrifying and painful procedure that will be performed on them.

I'm a Christian and I belive that humans are put on this earth with animals and we should take care of them, not abuse them.
 In the beginning, God created the earth and all the creatures on it to be under the authority of humanity. He entrusted these beautiful elements of His creation to our care (Genesis 1:26).

In the future I like to see myself living in a cottage with chickens roaming the garden by day supplying me eggs, my cats napping in the sun, a little pig playing in the dirt all these animals free to enjoy their life. I don't like the idea of being a part of caging an animal up its whole life to run painful tests on it.


This is a very brave choice for me because it means I would have to give up selfishly buying a lot of my much loved cosmetics and take some time and effort into finding some animal friendly alternatives.


I even have to admit that I have a makeup bag full of these cosmetics that have been tested by animals down the line, I had not thought about it when I bought them. I just saw that I liked the product and handed my money over.  Now I'm not telling you girls to chuck out everything in your makeup kit but how about when its time for a new mascara or lipstick you look up some cruelty free companies and choose from them? I have made a discovery that even if a company says they are cruelty free it can be affiliated with a third party that does the animal tests for them. This is not good enough.  

I have been looking up some websites that do not test on animals and I think that we can get some amazing products and not have to sacrifice feeling luxurious or looking prettily made up.
 Read more: http://www.peta.org/issues/animals-used-for-experimentation/#ixzz2wt47u1ex



See the list of companies that DO and DO NOT test on animals. HERE





I will endeavour to bring you amazing beauty products, lovely skincare and wonderful makeup to you without the harm of animal testing.
If you know of any other companies that is not on the lists please let me know in the comment box below.


Have Fun!


Renee x


Thankyou for making my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, I would love to hear your thoughts, thanks!