Wednesday 26 February 2014

Summer Shakin'

Crazy Stupid Smoothie


Hello everybody! Today I am going to share with you my favourite Summer snack. This smoothie is sweet and full of fruit as well as a few added vitamins



Grab some frozen berries. I use Blueberries and Blackberries. Purple berries contain high levels of antioxidants. 


Put the berries in a jug with one banana. I always add bananas to my smoothies because they taste soooo good!
I then add 2-3 tablespoons of plain Greek yogurt.


One cup of Soy milk. I'm lactose intolerant so I kinda have to drink Soy milk. I prefer the taste of Soy milk to dairy milk anyway.


I take one teaspoon of Spirulina a day, either in a smoothie or in just plain water. I cannot get enough of Spirulina it it really good for you with heaps of minerals like Iron, Potassium, Magnesium Sodium, Phosphorus, Calcium etc. It really boosts my immune system too.

I also add one teaspoon of Chia seeds to my smoothies. I actually started this when I was poking around in the pantry to see what kind of other bits I could add to my drink and found these. I then did a bit of research to find out a bit more about them. They contains calcium, manganese, and phosphorus, and is a great source of healthy omega-3 fats. Also been said to boost energy, stabilise blood sugar and lower cholesterol.


I then whizz it all up and there you go! A really yummy snack with lots of good stuff in there.  Don't be fooled by the icky green colour, that's the spirulina, (I cant taste it. Tastes like banana.)


Whats your favourite Summer smoothie?


Have Fun

Renee x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, I would love to hear your thoughts, thanks!