No $$$? No Worries!
Feet. We all use our feet. All day, everyday. We are on our feet from dawn to midnight. Chasing after energetic toddlers, rocking a baby to sleep, and making dinner for hubby when he gets home. Our feet are important but they are so easy to forget. I think we should spoil our feet every once in a while and you don't need to go to a salon to do it. Here is a really lovely way to relax and pamper yourself at the end of the day.
- Make yourself a nice cup of tea/ coffee. ( my drink of choice is Milo)
- Get a yummy treat
- Find a comfy spot to sit.
- Mix some olive oil, sea salt and vanilla essence in a small bowl. This is your scrub.
- Soak your feet in warm water for 10 minutes.
- Pat dry with a towel.
- Scrub, scrub, scrub.
- Wash off in the bowl of warm water.
- (This step is optional) Use a foot mask if you have one. I used the Lush Volcano. It smells minty and leaves my skin so soft. Leave on for ten minutes then wash off.
- Use an orange stick to push back the cuticles.
- File your toenails.
- Put on a base coat and wait to dry. ( I used the Sally Hansen Top and Base Coat.)
- Apply your favorite nail polish. Two coats should do the trick. (Sinful Colors in Soul Mate 945)
- Apply top coat.
- Done! Beautiful, soft feet ready for another full-on day tomorrow.
All of these things I already had in my house so I didn't have to go out and spend any money, already I feel refreshed!