Thursday 4 September 2014

Winter Favorites 2014

Seasons Besties


It's four days into Spring and my washing is still not dry on the line. I kid, I kid. But I am hoping the sun will show his face a bit more in the near future. In the meantime I have compiled a list of my favorite things this past Winter.





The first thing that deserves an honourable mention is my night-time treat. I discovered this in the back of our pantry when I ran out of Milo and in desperate need of a chocolate fix. I sip on the Cadbury Drinking Chocolate in Mint when I am writing blogs or just watching a teensy bit of youtube before I move onto Chamomile tea. The hint of mint (pun intended) just makes this drink quiet refreshing and yummy. I know a lot of people just put a couple of spoons in a mug then add hot water, but I prefer to add a dash of warm soy milk to it as well.



Winter... a time for puddings? You bet ya! These Aunt Betty's Puddings are so delicious. These are single serve cups and I just have to pop it into the microwave for 30 seconds and out comes a lovely warm treat smothered in gooey sauce. There are five flavours I think and I have tried every one of them, Sticky Date, Golden Syrup, Chocolate.. I forget the other two. Definitely worth a try and a little bit addictive.


I don't drink plain coffee. Coffee by itself tastes too much like coffee, so I opt for Mochas. The chocolate tends to cancel out that bitter coffee taste. Nescafe Mocha Sachets are my coffee hit in the morning. When everyone else is perfectly happy with a regular cup of Jo I refuse to wake up to anything else. Moccachino also do a mocha sachet but I find Nescafe taste better. 


Beauty Favorites

I don't go out much in Winter.  I think that rainy weather is perfect to watch a DVD or do some research on the computer. So I have no makeup favorites because I haven't been wearing a lot of colours on my face while I have been plodding around at home. But I do have a couple of new discoveries I am happy to share.


On the lookout for a nice thick Body Butter I picked up the Yes To Carrots Super Rich Body Butter and I really like it. I have used it everyday this Winter and I think it hydrates my skin really well. I don't think that the body butter is as thick as I would originally have liked but it does the job well. I cant really describe the scent either but it is faint and doesn't overpower my nose.


I absolutely love The Environmental Toothbrush. I bought one each for my husband and I about a month ago and since then we have bought a ten pack for adults and a few child size ones for bub. These toothbrushes are environmentally friendly because bamboo is biodegradable and will decompose within a few short months. Plastic toothbrushes take thousands of years to decompose. 
If you live until you are 80 years old and replace your toothbrush every three months, you will be using four toothbrushes every year.
    4
x 80
  320
Toothbrushes per person adding to landfill


This little bottle of Lush Happy Hippy Shower Gel will be one that I will have to replace soon. I think this sweet and refreshing scent of Grapefruit would be perfect for Spring. But this Winter when I have been using this in the morning it really helps to wake me up on a cloudy and dark morning. Like a little burst of sunshine in my shower.

What things have you been loving this Winter?

Have Fun!

Renee x

4 comments:

  1. Biodegradable toothbrushes! I'm in love with the idea! The problem with regular ones is that even when the bristles are gone, the plastic-rubber grip and handle are just in too good condition to throw away! I'll definitely be looking into this environmentally friendly alternative!

    My personal winter saviour butter is The Body Shop's Vitamin E, it makes my skin so soft, it's ridiculous. ^^ Soft skin with your chocolate cabinet, yes please! I'd raise a mint hot chocolate to that!

    Thank you so much for writing this, it was such a pleasure to read. =)

    xoxo Rin
    Fuurin Diary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will never go back to plastic toothbrushes, bamboo is so much nicer. x

      Delete
  2. Gosh I love the Yes To Carrots body butter, I'm on my second tube already...so moisturising and it leaves my skin super smooth xD

    Lenniebie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Yes To range is pretty nice, I also have the Cucumber face wipes wich are really cooling.

      Delete

I love to read your comments, I would love to hear your thoughts, thanks!