Tuesday 16 September 2014

How to choose a Great Mineral Foundation

Be In The Know


Sorry no pictures today, I just wanted to write a quick one.
Today I was clearing out my bathroom cabinet of old products that don't get much use any more. I was going to do a "chuck out" post but one of the items I was throwing away was an old mineral foundation that I don't use and frankly I was never really keen on anyway.

With the exorbitant amount of mineral based cosmetics out there, how do you choose one that's worth forking your money over?

Look for:
Fine particles that blend onto the skin easily
A non-oily feel to the product
Even coverage that is simple to build onto itself

Avoid:
Clumpy consistency
A gritty feeling when applied to the skin
Plenty of fallout when your blending the foundation in.

Ingredients to avoid:
  • no fillers,
  • no talc,
  • no Bismuth Oxychloride,
  • no alcohol,
  • no silicones,
  • no mineral oils,
  • no perfume,
  • no PEGs,
  • no preservatives and
  • no synthetic toxins 
I reckon the fewer the ingredients listed on the label, the better.

Have Fun!

Renee x

1 comment:

I love to read your comments, I would love to hear your thoughts, thanks!