Tuesday 23 September 2014

Products Im Throwing Away

In The Bin...


One of the most satisfying jobs I give myself is to clean out my bathroom cabinet. Sorting through products that I have not used for a very long time, I found that a few of them were all too easy to toss into the bin. They just didn't agree with me.




The Body Shop Brazil Nut Lip Butter: I use to love this lip butter when I was a teenager. When I tried it the other day I found the scent overpowering and I don't think it's as moisturising as some other lip balms I use that the moment. 

Ofra Lipstick in Red My Lips: I recieved this lip colour in a Lust Have It! box. This is a matte lipstick and it's bright red. I doubt if I will ever wear it because it's not my thing.

Napolean Perdis Lip Gloss: This lipgloss came as a sample with an Instyle magazine and it has been sitting in my bathroom cabinet ever since. I prefer lip colours with a rosy tint and nude colours are my least favorite so I had never had the urge to wear this. 


Natio Loose Mineral Foundation:  This was my first mineral foundation purchase but I quickly tired of it because I realised that it didn't provide as much coverage as I would have liked. It also didn't stay all day either.

Puretopia Creamy Face Cleanser: This bottle is almost empty, but that's only because I bought it and had no money to buy a different cleanser once I realised that it was too creamy for my face and made me break out in spots. So, for a few weeks I had unruly skin. I haven't used this cleanser since.


Lush Full of Grace Serum Bar: I was having a bit of an obsession with serums, and I have had very good experience with Lush products. So I bought the Lush Serum Bar. I transferred it into a tin because it melted horribly while it was being delivered to me (ordered online). This Serum made my skin dry and made me breakout.

L'Oreal Colour Infaillible in Naughty Strawberry: I  bought this eyeshadow on a whim, looked at the colour swatch and forgot all about it. This bright pink, loose eyeshadow with golden flecks in it is NOT my colour. I have always given my purchases a lot more thought from then on.

Rimmel Scandal Eyes in Black: This was a gift from Rimmel but with no obligation to review. I did love the shape of the brush because it is HUGE which allows the look of long lashes. However, it took about a week before the formula became clumpy, I believe its because the bottle and the brush is big so it allows air to get inside.

A lot of these products are not cruelty free, but they had been sitting in my cabinet for some time before I decided to purchase only cruelty free products.

Have Fun!

Renee x

4 comments:

  1. Great post! I have been seeing that Rimmel mascara for a while now and it has been confusing me so it's good to know that it actually does something.

    -Pam @ Pam's Life
    pamslife26.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does make lashes nice and thick. But be warned it goes clumpy quickly. :-)

      Delete
  2. Aw, sorry that those things didn't work out, but now there is more space for new makeup! :o)
    ChicAndAlluring.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I have so much make up to get through before I can really justify buying more. Haha.

      Delete

I love to read your comments, I would love to hear your thoughts, thanks!