Saturday 28 February 2015

Summer Faves 2015

So many goodies!



This Summer I have been trying out a whole bunch of new products and I have some great favourites to share...

I have been using the Lush Celebrate Body Lotion (limited edition) in the mornings and I love the hydration that it is giving my legs. It's so thick and it seems to last forever.This cream has the smell of cognac and lime so its really invigorating and always puts me in a good mood.

The Lush Lovely Jubblies Breast Cream is a cream that I will never regret purchasing. Lovely Jubblies is so creamy and it smells lovely. Sometimes I put this on instead of a fragarence because it has such a calming smell to it. I also like the idea of giving my chest area some extra TLC.

This summer I have been using a super light face moisturiser called Gorgeous from Lush. Im loving how this is so light and it leaves my face moisturised without being oily. I only need to use a tiny bit and the cream just glides all over my face and neck. This stuff will last ages even though its only a 45g pot.


I need to get more of the Toby and Rosies Acivated Charcoal Cleansing Bar  because It Rocks! My face has never looked more clearer. It's only got a few clean and readable ingredients in it and my skin is loving this simple but very effective soap bar. Must Try! Enough said.

For Hair care I have been alternating between the Lush Seanik shampoo bar and the Jumping Juniper solid shampoo bar. I have found that the seanik shampoo bar makes my hair a tad oily if I continuously use it. But using this duo seems to be a perfect balance for my hair.

To condition my hair I have started using the Jojoba oil from the Jojoba Company and It works so well to moisturise the tips of my hair. I haven't felt any major split ends and my hair is a lot lighter and loving the lack of chemicals that a lot of other conditioners have.


Turning to makeup I have been trying out a few daring lip colours for me all from Colour Theory. They are sold at my local chemist and they are totally purse friendly. Colour Theory lipstick are creamy and easy to apply evenly, I'm a pink girl and always feel comfortable in a pink lip colour with a berry tint just like Pouty Pink. Pouty pink has a sheer finish to it unlike the bright red Showstopper which is more of a matte finish.

I also love the lip liner in red-y steady go, this colour is so versatile and suits both my lipsticks. Score!


My makeup routine has been quiet simple this summer, but all the products I have used are cruelty free give a really nice, fresh look. For a base I have been using the Model Co BB+ Cream it contains the all essential 30+ sun protection for Summer and it gives a matte finish. I also love the fact that I don't have to use a lot to cover up my uneven skin tone. I love it!
My mascara of choice recently has been the Model Co Fibre Lashxtend, This mascara is like tiny fibres that stick to your own lashes and they don't clump or smudge. I feel at ease wearing this mascara in summer even when I sweat because I know it's not going to be dripping down my face any time soon. 
When I feel like wearing eyeshadow I go straight to the Models Prefer Eyeshadow Pallette. I have featured this in a few tutorials and I think it gives the best smokey eye. All the colours are neutral which create a really classic look if two or three are used together, but if I just use the gold or the bronze on its own my makeup look can be changed to something fresh and beachy.
To cover the dark circles under my eyes I have been reaching for the e.l.f under eye concealer and illuminator. I think that after 6 1/2 hours sleep my eyes need a little bit of a 'pop' so I apply the illuminator on my brow bone and the outside corner of my eyes along with some concealer right on the dark circles. I find that it works great blended in together and e.l.f products are certainly within my limited budget. Yay for e.l.f!
To apply my eye makeup I have been loving the Furless Cosmetics blending brush, they have soft synthetic bristles and they fit perfectly in my eye crease (it's not in the photo because I couldn't find it at the time). I have also been using the Cosmetic Kitchen angle brush on my eye-line and I love the bamboo handle, I think they look so cool. 

Baby Fave

The Milk Baby bath time wash has been a popular bath time choice in our household of late. It's gentle on the skin and lightly scented with lavender and chamomile. The bath time wash doesn't bubble very much at all but I didn't expect it to. It's a disappointment to my daughter though because she goes wild for bubbles! Having 95% naturally derived ingredients I feel safe having my baby use this on the skin.

 What's been your favourite thing this season? What do you think of the larger pictures?

Have Fun!

Renee x

Also don't forget to enter my giveaway! HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, I would love to hear your thoughts, thanks!