Monday 19 May 2014

Claytime Mineral Bronzer Review

Limited Edition Pure Mineral Bronzer


I have tried a couple of Claytimes Mineral cosmetic range and both times I had not been impressed. First I tried the Mineral Foundation and I found it very clumpy, heavy and difficult to apply. It did not leave a smooth finish on my skin and I was very disappointed with it. Then in the Lust Have It! Eco Box I received the Claytime mascara and when I opened it up I as again disappointed because I saw that the brush was a plastic comb instead of fibre bristles. I could not bring myself to apply that mascara, personally I cannot stand those brushes. In my last Lust Have It! Box I received the Claytime Limited Edition Pure Mineral Bronzer , I had to try it out to see if I would like it or not.



It's a bit hard to see from the swatch but this bronzer is LOADED with tiny morsels of glitter. Now, don't get me wrong, I like bit of shimmer but this loose powder seems to have perhaps too much glitter. The particles are bigger than shimmer and smaller than glitter. I hope that makes sense because its the only way I can explain it. With the amount of glitter I would not feel comfortable wearing this during the day because I like more of a sheer finish for everyday wear. However I think this would make a much better contour and bronzer at night when things can be glammed up a bit more - well for me at least.

The colour is a nice brown with a pinky undertone, my advice would be to start with a small amount on your skin and gradually build it up making sure that the application is even.

 Would I reach for this as my everyday bronzer?
Verdict: Nah. I am again disappointed in the texture and formula of Claytime. The glitter is too much and it was surprisingly difficult to blend evenly on my skin. 

I really would like to keep trying their products though because I refuse to believe that I cannot like a whole cosmetic line. I'm determined to find something of Claytime that I like.
Do you recommend a Claytime favourite for me to try?


Have Fun

Renee x

Dont forget to enter my Hurraw Giveaway! Here


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, I would love to hear your thoughts, thanks!