So, girlies. I am going to share with you some really easy, quick and (most importantly) delicious recipes that will make even a novice baker feel like a pro once they are out the oven!
Chocolate Oatmeal Bars
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup sugar
2 egg yolks
1 cup plain flour
1 cup quick cooking oats
Topping: 150g Cadbury Cooking Chocolate
1 tablespoon butter
½ cup of chopped walnuts
- Beat butter and sugars in bowl until creamy
- Beat in egg yolks
- Add flour and oats. Mix together well
- Spread mixture in a thin layer in a buttered and lined 20cm x 26cm slice pan
- Bake in moderate oven, 180c for 20-25 minutes, Cool.
- Melt chocolate and butter together, stir and spread over biscuit layer. Sprinkle with nuts
- Allow to set and cut into squares.
Tip: The recipe says to use chopped walnuts but why not add different kinds of nuts. I used flaked almonds, walnuts and salted pistachios.
I store this slice in an airtight container in the fridge.