Monday 16 September 2013

Baking Day - Chocolate Oatmeal Bars



It's Friday! I always look forward to Friday. My husband is home and I let him mind the baby for a couple of hours while I retreat into my own little world and bake whatever my heart desires. I enjoy nothing more than throwing a few ingredients into a bowl whisking them together and seeing what delightful tastes they bring together. Or scouring my mothers pantry where she has dozens of cookbooks and I can dream what I will create the next week.
So, girlies. I am going to share with you some really easy, quick and (most importantly) delicious recipes that will make even a novice baker feel like a pro once they are out the oven!

Enjoy! x

Bake off!
 Chocolate Oatmeal Bars 


250g butter

½ cup brown sugar
½ cup sugar
2 egg yolks
1 cup plain flour
1 cup quick cooking oats

Topping: 150g Cadbury Cooking Chocolate
1 tablespoon butter
½ cup of chopped walnuts

  • Beat butter and sugars in bowl until creamy
  • Beat in egg yolks
  • Add flour and oats. Mix together well
  • Spread mixture in a thin layer in a buttered and lined 20cm x 26cm slice pan
  • Bake in moderate oven, 180c for 20-25 minutes, Cool.
Topping
  • Melt chocolate and butter together, stir and spread over biscuit layer. Sprinkle with nuts
  • Allow to set and cut into squares.

Tip: The recipe says to use chopped walnuts but why not add different kinds of nuts. I used flaked almonds, walnuts and salted pistachios.

I store this slice in an airtight container in the fridge.

Have Fun!

Renee x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, I would love to hear your thoughts, thanks!