Friday 20 September 2013

August Lust Have It !


Hello Girls!

Who has heard of this new Beauty Box phenomenon? Not you? Me neither until a couple of weeks ago. I was scouring the Internet to see if there is a company out there who send out free samples of lots of products at once. I didn't find a website who did it for free but I came across a few companies that send out samples for a small cost.
 For instance Lust Have It! is an online shop where members can buy make up and skin care from lots of different brands. But get this, for $19.95 a month you can subscribe to a sample box. Each month Lust Have It! will choose 5-6 deluxe and lifestyle products and send them to your mailing address. What an Awesome idea! At least one product was full sized and it contained a mix of makeup and skin care.
I caved and subscribed to the August 2013 Lust Have It! Box, I received it last week and I've been testing the products.
 I was pleasantly surprised when I opened it up and found decent sized samples and two full sized products.
                                           


  • Revlon PhotoReady Skinlights Face Illuminator ( Full size)-They say: Lightweight liquid illuminator works instantly to brighten skin. It boosts natural illuminosity, minimises flaws, enhances skin with a hint of sheer colour and protects skin from harsh environments.
    I Say: This light cream brings a really pretty glow to your skin. I'm really looking forward to trying this  in the spring/summer months to freshen up my look.

  • Revlon Nearly naked Makeup – They Say:  So light it melts right in, working in harmony with your skins unique tone and texture. Vitamin and antioxidant-packed to pump up skins natural glow.
    I Say: I didn't think it 'melted' in as they say. I do think that it blended really well but the product still felt a little sticky on the skin when applied. 

  • KMS California Free Shape Shampoo and Conditioner-They Say: Create unlimited style transformations with hot tools. Styles last until next wash.
    I Say: I only received the sachet of the conditioner. I was a bit nervous about using a commercial conditioner because I always shampoo and condition my hair with Bi-carb and Vinegar. However I did promise to try everything that I received in these boxes for reviewing purposes. I'm not all that impressed with this product my hair isn't ultra shiny or frizz free. It does come in a pretty violet colour but doesn't have any scent.

  • KMS California Add Volume Volumising Spray- Increases volume and provides intense fullness ideal for super fine hair.
    I Say: I have really fine and flat hair. There isn't a lot of volume going on at all up there. The products comes in a pump bottle and is more of a thin gel than a light liquid. I am due to go to an engagement party soon so I am really looking forward to trying this to give my hair a bit of oomph.

  • Sinful Colors Nail Enamel (Full size)- A long wearing, ship resistant, professional formula. Available in 69 colours such as cream, metallic, shimmer, glitter and matte.
     I Say: I am a bit embarrassed to say that I have NEVER worn a red polish before. The staple nail colour has been non-existent in my collection of many nail lacquers until now. I received a vivid red called Ruby Ruby and it compliments my skin tone really well. I am in love with this colour. One coat is sufficient enough to achieve a balanced and even texture. One drawback, the polish only lasted  two days before it started peeling. Next time I'll try two coats.

  • Lush Gorgeous moisturiser- Protective vitamin filled, softening moisturiser formulated with best ingredients have been used for this light, bright cream.       
     I Say: Whenever I receive a new body product I have to smell it. This face moisturiser is nothing less of gorgeous. It has the freshest scent of orange blossom, olive oil, lemon juice, orange juice, pineapple juice. It just smells amazing. The light cream just melts into my skin with no sticky residue. I have found a new love! This is a product that I plan on purchasing full size.

  • La Roche Posay Thermal Spring Water- Soothes sensitive skin irritated by outside factors (sun, dermatological treatments) helps prevent skin ageing it is also a natural anti oxidant.                             
     I Say: I don't really see the point in spraying water on my face. I gave it a shot and sprayed some on my face. It went on nice and cool and then dried, just like normal water. I wasn't really that bothered. Perhaps good to put in my handbag in summer to use as a refreshing spritz?

  • La Roche Posay Lipikar Baume- They Say: Replenishes most severely dry skin in record time. Contains Shea Butter and Niacinamide, an active ingredient to break the vicious cycle of itching. Formulated to treat eczema and extreme dryness.                     
     I Say: Another sample that I am really happy with. I usually slather on a bit of moisturiser everyday and I loved the thickness of the cream. It absorbs really quickly and I have noticed that my skin isn't as dry as it was. Winner!

Have any of you girls subscribed to a beauty box? What do you think of them? Any Product here that you have tried?
Let me know!


Renee x


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, I would love to hear your thoughts, thanks!