Friday 28 August 2015

Winter Favourites 2015

Winter has gone and Spring has sprung. 


My favourite season has come to an end. I lean towards a much creamier and luxurious menu of skincare when the weather gets cold and my skin gets a bit drier. These were my picks for the season.

                                     




As a cleanser I have tried out the Toby and Rosie Pink Salt Facial Cleanser. I found this in the back of my bathroom cupboard. This was a sample that came with an order I made a long time ago, so I wasn't in a rush and try it. However, this has been a lovely substitute to my usual cleanser ( Toby and Rosie Activated Charcoal Bar) as it still makes my skin clean and glow. It contains pink salt that gently foams when mixed with water and this small tub lasted all winter and some.


My mornings are pretty hectic and I really don't have time to stand over the bathroom sink and cleanse my face the 'normal' way (I shower at night). Instead I have been reaching for the Kosmea Facial Cleansing Wipes*. These have been my skin saviour these last few weeks and if I didn't have them on hand to give my face a quick wipe after brushing my teeth I wouldn't be cleansing my face at all. These contain a moisturising blend of Rose hip oil, Olive oil and soothing Aloe Vera all in one Biodegradable cloth. I'm not particularly a fan of the scent but the cloth is so soft and the cleansing solution is so gentle that I can forgive that.

After I give my face a wipe in the morning, I finish off with a gentle moisturiser, so that my face doesn't feel like it's about to crack. I'm loving Zk'in Relief Moisturiser* for its gentle yet extremely effective moisturising tricks. I really enjoy popping a bit of this on in the mornings. It's really creamy and has very little scent. I love how this is so light that my face doesn't get oily during the day and its only got good stuff in it so that means no petro chemicals, sulphates or parabens.

At night I have been changing things up a bit and have added a night serum into my routine. I was sent the Dr Hauschka Night Serum*  a while ago and I love it! I have continued to use this every night and I have seen real difference in my complexion. Mostly my skin is softer and my skin-tone has evened out to reveal brighter looking skin. I'm all for that. The secret ingredient is Berner Rose Apple that help to support skin renewal overnight. I think it's doing pretty well indeed.


I can't write a favourites post without giving an honourable mention to this duo. The Moreish Exfoliator and Clay Mask are a couple that dare to go to skincare extremes. The exfoliator is a gentle and creamy formulation with tiny little jojoba beads that carefully scrub away dead skin cells. The mask is like a creamy clay when applied then it dries a little hard on the skin but seriously, once it's washed off my skin looks radiant! This is a repurchase for me!


Last but certainly not least is the Lush Sympathy For The Skin Hand And Body Lotion. My mum gave me this for my Birthday because she is cool like that. I got this in May and only half the tub has been used, which is good because Lush moisturisers don't come cheap. I love the banana/vanilla scent to this thick cream, I feel like it is the perfect scent for cold weather and because its a much richer cream it works well for my dry skin in Winter.

What have you been loving this Winter?

Have Fun!

Renee x

























No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, I would love to hear your thoughts, thanks!