Tuesday 16 December 2014

Christmas Without Pork - A Vegetarian Alternative

Ideas and Pictures


I have decided that I am going to forgo the Ham and Turkey this year and have my first vegetarian Christmas, My brother has recently become a vegetarian this past year so at least I will have someone to cook for as well as myself. But what shall I cook?



For salads I will make my mums Broccoli salad, Like this one:

1 Head of Broccoli florets cut up into pieces
1/2 Red onion diced
1/2 cup of currants
1/2 cup of Mayonays
2 T White Vinegar
2 T honey
1/4 Cup of roasted sunflower seed kernels
salt and pepper to taste

In large mixing bowl combine broccoli, onion and currants. In seperate small bowl combine mayonays, vinegar, honey and salt and pepper. Pour the dressing ver the salad and stir gently to coat. Sprinkle with Sunflower seed kernels. Cover and set in refrigerate untill ready to serve.

Vegetable skewers for the BBQ:




Any vegetable you like can be clopped up into 2sm chunks and put onto a scewer. Vegetables that love being BBqd are eggplant, capsican, zuccini, mushrooms. and onion
Make sure you soak the woden scewers in water for 15 minutes to prevent burning them.
Mix together your favorite marinade. A really nice one is oil, vinegar, mustard, hiney, salt, pepper garlic and oregano.
Cut vegetables into large even sized cuncks. 
Stick vegetables on scewers, in any order you wish.
Place on hot grill and baste with dressing untill cooked.

Corn on the cob cooked on the BBQ:


Preheat BBQ to a medium heat. Brush corn with olive oil and place corn on heat and turn frequently for approx 10 minutes. When cooked take corn off heat and season with salt and pepper.

 Potato Bake:


I love the Maggie based potato bake, it is always so yummy. Sometimes I will use a bit of sweet potato in there too. 

Vegetarian Sausage Rolls:


I hope you liked the collection of recipes here!

Have Fun!

Renee x

All the recipes have been linked to original site.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, I would love to hear your thoughts, thanks!